Thursday, March 26, 2009

It’s Springing! (Temporarily, at Least)




We’ve been enjoying beautiful spring weather here in Oklahoma. Flowers are blooming, birds are tweeting (not twittering), and leaves are showing up on trees. Coats have been abandoned , and even sweaters spend most of their time in the closet. The Singer and I have been walking in the park during our weekly play day. All is right with the world.


Take a look at God’s handiwork!





Here are some redbud trees. The redbud is Oklahoma's state tree. I love redbud trees.






These photos were taken yesterday at the University of Oklahoma (my alma mater). The campus looks beautiful right now.













Now take a look at our weather forecast for tomorrow and Saturday, when I’m traveling to a writing conference in Tulsa.


Tomorrow night: Cloudy with rain and snow in the evening, becoming all snow late. Low 32F. Winds NNW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of precip 80%. Some snow accumulation possible.

Saturday: Mix of rain and snow. Highs in the low 40s and lows in the upper 20s.



I love living in Oklahoma. I spent my late childhood and adolescence in southern California, where the weather was mild and unchanging. Adjusting to Oklahoma’s bi-polar mood swings was a challenge, but now I shake my head like other Okies and say, “That’s Oklahoma!” As Will Rogers supposedly said, “If you don’t like Oklahoma’s weather, stick around for five minutes, and it will change.”

3 comments:

Carol said...

So pretty! I miss it.

Carol said...

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/03/signs_of_spring.html

Signs of spring photos!

drlobojo said...

I remember the spring of 1966 on the south oval at OU. I walked there with the love of my life.