Friday, January 29, 2010

What I Loved About Corpus Christi



We're back from our trip to the sunny shores of Corpus Christi just in time to experience the snowy yards and icy streets of Oklahoma City. Great timing, huh?
.
Here are a few things I enjoyed during our days near the gulf waters.
.
I loved the sound of the waves. I loved watching the water, under overcast or sunny skies. (We had both.)





I loved driving on the beach, which was practically deserted in January. I was raised in southern California, where the beaches are totally covered with people. To be able to drive across the sand was a real treat.






I loved watching the birds--as long as they kept their distance. (I saw Hitchcock's movie about birds. It made a lasting impression.)











It was a bit early in the season to see Girls Gone Wild at Padre Island, but we did see a lot of GULLS Gone Wild. (Sorry. Couldn't resist saying that.)
.
I loved discovering what had been washed up by the tide.





But here's what I loved most of all.









I know, that's pathetic, but what's a chocoholic to do?
.
Yes, I ate fruit and marshmallows dipped in chocolate, on top of eating chocolate covered potato chips all week.
.
Is it possible to eat large amounts of chocolate and still lose weight? No, it isn't.
.
Is it possible to gain weight after only a week of eating chocolate in abundance? Oh, yes.
.
Sigh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like is was a nice getaway for you.

Welcome back to Iceland. =)

Lill Pluta said...

Awww, I wish I had known you were here. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Kay

Oklahoma Granny said...

Love the photos! Quite a contrast of weather, huh? I can just think about chocolate and gain weight.

drlobojo said...

Outside there is an inch of ice covered by 8 inches of snow. We haven't been out of the house since Thursday.

The cats are psycho from being indoors.

Our son is camped out in my work area so he can get to work and not have to commute 25 miles from his apartment.

Now tell me again why you thought we should come back home to this, huh?

Make it good!