Thursday, April 15, 2010

We Have a Winner!



Well, of course we have a winner. It's been over two weeks since I announced this little contest. But I'm still traveling, and I've had a lot of distractions, so I'm just now getting back to this.
.
Where were we? Here:



Strang, Nebraska. The Punk, also known as Little Guy, was the first to answer the question correctly, so I'll have to come up with some sort of prize for him. (Wouldn't you think I'd given him enough stuff already? If I could recover all the money I spent on Legos for him throughout the years, I could travel a lot farther than Nebraska.)
.

But since (a) family members should be disqualified from contests on my blog and (b) Little Guy posted his answer at 4:53 a.m., when the rest of my readers are asleep, and that doesn't seem quite fair, I'm also declaring Joan a winner. Congratulations, Joan. After I get home, I'll find a prize for you. I'll be in touch.
.
We've been to Oregon, visiting Wild Child and The Blonde. It's been a good trip. Oregon is beautiful, and I can see why they love it there. (But oh, how I miss having them nearby!)
.
We're heading back to Oklahoma, traveling by the 11 to 3 plan. It works like this: We have to check out of our motel by 11:00, but at 3:00 we can check into another motel. So we drive from 11:00 to 3:00 every day. Of course it does take a while to get across the country when you only travel four hours a day, but why hurry? We're retired!
.
So for now, we're wandering around this part of the world. Life is good!



No comments: