Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Happy Birthday, Little Guy!



Today is my "baby's" birthday--the last one in his twenties!



We didn't decide to have a third child, and there's an interesting story about his conception, but I won't go into that here. I will say that we were delighted as soon as we knew I was pregnant with him. Once he was born, I was completely charmed by that big (ten pound, one ounce) baby boy with all the dark hair. I sometimes say that he was not planned, but he was certainly not a mistake.


Little Guy had a tough act to follow, but he has kept up with his older siblings in all the ways that matter. He's smart, sensitive, and affectionate, with a strong sense of justice.


We always referred to him as "the kid with his own agenda," and that remains true. He's a deep thinker who sees life differently than other people. He's a philosopher who asks all the questions that have no answers.


The last few years have thrown some challenges his way, but I have faith that he will come through the rough times in good shape.


Throughout his life, I have often looked at Little Guy and wondered what my life would have been like without him. I can't imagine my world without this kind, gentle soul.



Thank you, Little Guy, for bringing so much joy and love into my life. You are such a blessing. Have a happy birthday, and may this next year bring good things your way.




No comments: