Sunday, October 3, 2010

Life's Not Always A Picnic


Life’s not always a picnic, but today it was. My church held its annual picnic at Stars and Stripes Park, and we had a great turnout.


It was a perfect October day, offering the kind of beautiful weather that makes you think Oklahoma is a wonderful place to live. (Well, personally, I think it’s a good place to live in all kinds of weather, but I have to admit that if I wanted to convince folks from out of state to move here, I’d ask them to visit in April or October.)



The cooks took their work seriously.






The designated eaters responded with enthusiasm.






Abe felt a bit overwhelmed by all the choices.





Bryce made a new friend.




Bryce also spent a lot of time checking out this guy.




Brayden enjoyed time with his grandmother.





The boys wolfed down their food, then played ball.





Good conversations occurred over delicious food.


Even after the food was consumed, conversations continued. Some conversations appeared to be quite serious. This group of guys is always solving problems.




Friends exchanged smiles and hugs.


It was an excellent way to spend a beautiful Sunday afternoon!

5 comments:

Oklahoma Granny said...

Picnics are always fun. It was certainly a beautiful day for one.

Anonymous said...

Church suppers and church picnics are always the very, very best!

drlobojo said...

What are we going to do with that five gallons of left over potato salad?

Claudya Martinez said...

I would have loved to be a designated eater at this event.

Thank you so much for visiting and offering your kind support.

Marla said...

Great photos!! I had no idea we were practically neighbors. Any chance I could buy you lunch sometime? I would love to meet and talk writing/blogging, etc.